Demo Neighbourhood Spain
The Spanish demo case is a new development in Fondo, a neighbourhood in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a city close to Barcelona representing a typical Mediterranean climate. The development is a typical infill project in a dense urban area,with squares of multi-storey apartment blocks. This context is common in many European cities.
Neighbourhood approach and social commitment
The regional housing agency (Agència de l’Habitatge de Catalunya) accompanies, communicates, and effectively engages residents with their new home, and supervises building operations, maintenance and rents.
Facilities will be shared at a neighbourhood level with a medical centre. An energy manager will be in charge of monitoring and optimizing the needs and energy production of both buildings.
Developer | INCÀSOL
- Public Housing
- New construction
38 Housing units
- Buildings: 1
- Floors: 5
- Area of plot: 818 m²
- Usable floor area: 4 360 m²
- Optimised insulation for each façade;
- inertia of elements;
- shadows (to control overheating in summer);
- control the absorbency of materials;
- and optimal ratio of windows in facades.
- Centralized heat pump for domestic hot water and heating supplied by photovoltaic panels.
- energy sharing with other public buildings in the neighbourhood;
- power installation of the grid will be reduced and adjusted;
- the data of energy generation and consumption will be shared with the medical centre;
- the renewable energy generation is beyond the requirements of building code;
- public procurement of building works includes sustainable and environmental requirements.