Demo Neighbourhood Austria
The Austrian demo case is located in the Geneis District of Salzburg, an alpine town in Austria representing a continental climate. The construction of a plus energy residential quarter will upgrade the entire neighbourhood through an integrated construction project focusing on energy, accessibility, mobility, climate change adaptation and social-planning concepts.
Developer | Heimat Österreich
- Social Housing
- New built and renovation
230 Housing units
- Number of new buildings: 16
- New built area: 28.400 m2
- Heated floor area: 24.200 m2
- Renovated area: 80.000 m2
- Insulating material of building envelope, airtight windows.
- PV power plant, Solar thermal roof system, GSHP ground source heat pump on site for heating.
- Energy monitoring systems, production, consumption & IEQ control systems, energy storage options ( EV etc.).
- Smart house technology (production, consumption & IEQ)
- Heating and cooling with renewable energy in combination of PV, thermal solar energy and environmental energy (water from a near river (Almkanal) in combination with a heat pump).
- Low temperature micro net.
- Renovation incentives.
- social sustainability, tenant involvement/participation, participatory development of an autonomous energy community.
- Participatory design tools and methods.
- User behaviour assessment and optimisation.
- Data sharing, user-centred M&E.
- Demand-side management.
- Energy peak shaving as a result of dynamic energy modelling.
- Sustainable mobility concepts (electric car sharing, bicycles and accompanying motivation work).
- Green roofs and consideration of aspects of climate change adaptation.